End of the Year is Near

I decided that before it gets too crazy with the Holidays coming up I should do a self-check-in with my New Year Goals I wrote down in January.

#1: Make new friends, and spend more time with good friends.
**I definitely tried harder to keep in contact with some of my besties this past year and I have a few that have helped me through some really difficult times (you know who you are!) and I never realized how much I really needed friends in my life. I'm totally ok with just being alone, but I realized that I needed friends for encouragement and girl time! I also made a few new friends in my ward, and I even hosted a girls night at my place a couple of months ago that turned out to be a really good time! #1 was a success!

#2: Take better care of me. Eating healthier and exercising more frequently. **I have also been doing really good at watching what I eat and taking time out of my mommy schedule to take care of myself by exercising a couple times a week. I have lost around 20 lbs. since January, with no complaints and I can now wear more of my clothes that have been sitting and waiting for me. :) #2 was a success!

#3: Work on exercising my mind and gaining more knowledge of the gospel.
**I must say that this one I have slacked on, except for now that I'm in school my mind is exercised everyday with class and studies. I have also been soaking in some Ensign & Scripture reading, I was finally given a visiting teaching assignment, and I am hoping to listen to the lessons in church now that Dylan is officially in nursery! :) #3 Semi-success!

#4: Return to one of my loves- Music.
** This one was a hard one since I have literally no time on my hands. I have plucked around on a guitar, I still haven't gone to a choir practice, but hope to in a couple of Sundays. I did however try out a couple of different dance classes and I sing to my favorite music more often. Dylan has a love for music as well, so he keeps me dancing everyday. :) #4 a wee-bit of success!

Overall, I feel pretty good with this year's goals and hope to continue with them next year, and hopefully add a few more to my list!

1 comment:

Johny and Sarah said...

I thought I commented on this post already....guess I didn't. LOL Way to go on hitting your goals. I think I may have done one and only one of mine. Once Dylan is a bit older your freedom grows little by little and you'll be able to discover hobbies once again. Love you!