9/11/11
10 Years. Wow! I remember where I was and what I was doing when the Twin Towers were hit in New York. I was a sophomore in high school and I was getting ready for school over at my friend Emily's house. It was homecoming week and I believe it was "80's Day". We were dressing up as ridiculously 80's as possible, Emily's mom called us into the kitchen to see what was going on, on the news. I remember looking as the first tower was in smoke and I was like- what show is this? or what movie? and then the reporters came on and then I saw the second plane hit the second tower. I was in shock, not knowing what on earth just happened. I headed to school and while in every class, we watched the news on the t.v.'s in the classrooms. It was a long day, and I wished I could've just gone home. I wasn't at the age where watching the same thing for 6 hours was amusing, the only thing on my mind was- where is the cute boy that is in my 2nd hour class? Ya know, a teenage mind...Yet as I've grown older and wiser, I realize how huge that event was in my own history. I can't imagine what the victims in the buildings and the heroes who rescued and attempted to rescue those involved were thinking and feeling. I think my heart would've stopped and I would've been in total shock. I've seen many documentaries or shows about 9/11, but there's no way to even know what it truly was like. God Bless America, and Bless the families who are still mourning their loss of family and friends this day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ange! Were you at my house?? I remembered my mom calling me into the kitchen and seeing the news on TV.
Yes I was Emily!
Post a Comment