Assumptions, and Confrontations

"If you didn't hear it with your own ears, or see it with your own eyes, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth."

Making assumptions is one of my biggest annoyances, and I usually try to avoid the type of people who make them. I can't deny that I used to or even make the mistake now to assume as well, but it's something that I have worked on, and have found to be a good thing NOT to do. I find it less drama to actually confront the actual person you are making the assumption about, then to make the assumption in the first place. Confrontation is a good thing, it shows your ability to communicate as a mature adult, and it shows your confidence. So if you are afraid of confrontation, don't make assumptions. Easy as that. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Seriously love this post. Also loved that you asked me instead of someone else.